Friday, October 25, 2013

Lemon Linguine Pasta


Lemon Linguine Pasta
Inspired from Sicily 





I do not like how or why our restaurants in India constrict the idea of pastas from the land which is a culinary lover's delight. I have been gathering recipes for different pasta recipes from blogs, chefs which seem very unheard of and are simple and would make such intense love to your taste buds that it , well it makes you feel happy.

Jamie Oliver mentions the fragrance of the Sicilian lemons which gives this dish its unique flavour. Of course I used the fresh lemons available in my local market since I don't have access to Sicilian Lemons and the pasta still turns out quite delicious.




The original recipe demands fresh rocket leaves which I could not procure in Calcutta, so I omitted it. Frozen food usually has no place in my pantry.

So I used the following ingredients

Serves 1 :-

80gm to 100gm Linguine pasta
A handful of Grated Parmesan
2 tsp juice from the freshest of lemons from the local market
1 tsp chopped Fresh basil leaves which are found in plenty in the vegetable section of New market or any other place you can procure it from.
1.5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
lemon zest

This is what I did while rats and moles were playing volleyball in my stomach. Boiled and drained the pasta.
Whisk the lemon, olive oil and cheese reserving 2 tsp of the grated cheese and mix with the warm pasta and add the basil. Sprinkle some grated Parmesan on top




No comments:

Post a Comment