Friday, November 1, 2013

Toum - Dip dip dip




I must admit that ever since I read an article about Iranian food I have been mesmerized by their cuisine and why wouldn't I be. Kebabs and delightful pilafs and an array of tempting dishes on display on the internet has made me fall in love with their food. It has a lot of connection with our very own Indian food but that is not what I am writing about today. Today its time for the famous dip, Toum

The ingredients are probably available across the globe and the result is truly wonderful.  You see when you are dieting and are swamped with work  it is essential to have as many homemade dips as possible so that you don't reach for a packet of junk food and instead enjoy a carrot or one of her other vegetable cousins with these delicious dips.

Easy peasy ingredients

1 head of garlic
1 cup of oil (From what I have read oil which have a lot of flavour such as Olive Oil and Sesame oil should be avoided so the very own refined oil works )
Juice of 1  lemon
Salt as per taste


You start off by whizzing the garlic and then slowly add the oil and finally the lemon. It takes a bit of time for the consistency to be a creamy, fluffy delight but when done you would fall in love with it if you love lemon and garlic.








No comments:

Post a Comment