Friday, March 7, 2014

Roasted rosemary Zucchini wrap




So with recent events as the base I have concluded that dining out too frequently is not what makes me happy. Well I do love dining out once in a while but dining out but frequent dining out leads to a guilty me where I mope about thinking of the unhealthy food and the impending weight gain . So I finally started cooking after a 3 day gap where I dined out quite a lot. I am happy about going back to the normal healthy routine. Now one of the few points which work for me when I consciously eat healthy is having a well stocked pantry, which includes fresh vegetables, fruits and protein of course but what is equally important is to readily have ingredients which make a dish tasty. It can be varied fresh herbs , some paprika , some spices etc etc  Little changes such as replacing that sour cream in a recipe with hung curd is a very useful and healthy way of keeping things tasty yet healthy . Now I was searching for recipes of roasted zucchini when I came across which fabulous roast zucchini from Martha Stewart and with a bit of further reading one of her other recipes amalgamated with the roast zucchini gave me my idea for a healthy and gorgeous yet light dinner. Of course I changed and added ingredients but that is the beauty of food .



And so here I have my roast rosemary zucchini cottage cheese open faced wrap

Serves 2

Its basically a simple recipe for which you need :-

4 to 5 handmade wholewheat flatbread

Creamy tangy spread

200gm hung curd
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper as per taste
1 tsp dried dill

The filling: -

1.5 sliced zucchini (sliced in thin circular shapes) I used a mix of yellow and green zucchini
100gm Paneer / Indian cottage cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
Half a tsp chili flakes
1 stalk of rosemary discard the stalk after removing the herb from the stalk
2 large cloves of garlic
Salt
1 tomato de-seeded and chopped in bite-sized pieces
1/4th onion



Start by preheating your oven to 220 C . Smash the garlic Use oil to grease your baking tray and arrange the zucchini and Paneer/Indian cottage cheese , drizzle olive oil  and add salt , rosemary and chili flakes and toss around and place the garlic on top and once preheated bake for 40 minutes if using convection oven or 30 minutes for regular ovens . Toss after half the time of roasting.

For the creamy dip simply whisk everything together . Spread the creamy spread after warming the flat-bread a little bit and fill with roast zucchini , paneer and a few sliced tomatoes and onion pieces. Enjoy this delicious wrap.




No comments:

Post a Comment