Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cilbir

Cilbir 

Eggs from Turkey 




Some dishes you come across quite by chance and they become an instant hit and you know its a recipe for keeps. 

I was browsing through this link shared by someone on My Continental Kitchen and came across this interesting dish , poached eggs, yogurt with paprika . The mere description made me realize how delightful it would be. Quite honestly I love eggs and this unusual combination made me immediately search for the recipe and I prepared this dish within 15 minutes of having come to know about its existence. The recipe is very basic and what I particularly like about it is the easy availability of ingredients



So here goes the recipe for Cilbir pronounced 'Chilber' . Ah before I forget this dish is from Turkey and what I made was

I followed Almost Turkish's recipe

What you need to serve 1

2 eggs
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 tbsp butter or olive oil I used olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt and freshly ground pepper as per taste
1 tbsp vinegar
A few dried mint leaves

Simply heat a pot of water with a pinch of salt and vinegar and crack the eggs into it to water poach it. Once poached use a slotted spoon to remove them and  put them on a plate, Give a brisk whisk to the yogurt and pour it on top of the eggs. Now heat the butter or oil and add the paprika and stir it for a few seconds. Take care not to burn it and then pour that on top of the eggs and yogurt and add the dried mint leaves  salt and pepper. Enjoy



Tips for poaching eggs


  1. Do not crack the eggs over boiling water . the water should just be hot. 
  2. Once you crack the eggs in the water scum will form on top remove it  and cook it for not more than 2 minutes to 3 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment